Parents & Youth Leaders
If you’re thinking about bringing your kids to Parachute, dropping them off for the weekend or sending them with a group, we understand you’ll have some questions. This section is dedicated to making sure you are fully informed about who we are and what will happen at Parachute 2014.
We’re proud to be a safe environment for families, and boast plenty of space for the whole family to enjoy a diverse range of artists and speakers. The event is strictly drug and alcohol free, and is policed 24/7. Anyone caught with drugs or alcohol will be removed from site immediately.
Parachute has a reserved family tenting area, which has noise restrictions in place from 11pm each night, for those who prefer some quiet. We also provide a high quality programme for kids in school years 1-6. Click here for more information about our Kids Programme.
Please note: Parachute 2014 is not a supervised event. Children will need guardians.
SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE
Parachute offers everything from Indie to Pacifica and everything in between. Aside from the music, we also feature international communicators, theologians and influencers to share their perspectives, encouraging food for thought away from all the noise. Each morning meeting features keynote speakers, and seminars continue on into the day.
PARACHUTE KID’S PROGRAMME
Parachute Festival’s Kid’s Programme gives parents the chance to enjoy the morning meetings, seminars and music, while their kids are being looked after by a team of experienced children’s workers. For more information about our Kid’s Programme, Click here
Parachute 2014 is the perfect way to kick off your youth group’s year. We’ve got a huge lineup of top-level local and international contributors and with a wide range of teaching and music, there will be plenty of inspiration for your crew.
COME AS A GROUP
Coming to Parachute 2014 with a group is easy:
- Become a group leader. Click here and get a unique group code.
- Send your group code to all your contacts. When they buy their ticket, they’ll enter their group code and be counted as part of your crew.
- For every 20 full weekend tickets purchased under your group code, you will receive a complimentary full weekend adult pass. Once your group gets to 100, you will receive pre-site access to Mystery Creek on the Thursday afternoon before Festival (our groups coordinator will be in touch prior to festival).
TIPS FOR LEADERS
- Encourage your group to meet up and start each day at the morning meetings.
- Be aware of noise levels. We have noise restriction onsite after Midnight, so make sure your posse turns off the boombox and uses their polite voices in the wee smalls
- As a leader you are a vital part of making sure this Festival runs smoothly. Please make sure your group understands the rules. Read our Code of Conduct here. We need your help to enforce this code of conduct.
- If any of your group needs someone to talk with, we have a friendly and qualified team available for a chat in ‘The Lounge’. This is open each day of Festival from midday till late.